To envision, lead and develop fit for purpose, integrated end- to end technical solutions across multiple technologies for the organisation, through inspirational technical leadership and visionary long-term thinking. Provide leadership across multiple initiatives guiding engineering lead practitioners to achieve product / programme alignment.
- Analyse problems and formulate solution based on organisations boundaries, architectures and constraints: Needs to be achievable and operational, must push boundaries when required and continuously push for improvements.
- Design detail solution architecture using new technologies in consultation using the patterns approved by Enterprise Architecture and technology domain SME’s. Design with a holistic, robust and sustainable mindset. Apply a product management mindset (long term thinking)
- Collaborate with the Architecture team to identify the right technologies to be used in the applications.
- Work with technology domain SME’s to shape, contribute and to integrate a solution across the technology stack, from database and DevOps infrastructure that supports continuous deployment.
- Take proposed solutions through relevant governance forums and obtain acceptance for solutions from relevant specialists (domain or technology).
- Collaborate and communicate and obtain buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Decomposition of the solution and assisting with the scheduling/sequencing work and identification of resourcing needs.
- Flesh out designs and contribute to functional and non-functional requirements
- Assist software designers with lower level designs.
- Troubleshoot issues relating to technical delivery.
- Keep abreast of the technical landscape on how it fits together.
- Understand constraints and risk and make the necessary trade-offs.
- Influence and negotiate with key stakeholders.
- Craft the end to end solution taking into consideration: people, technology, systems and data.
- Future proof end to end solutions as far as possible within the organisation constraints.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience in development and design (Application, Infrastructure, etc.).
- Bachelor Degree in either Information Systems, Informatics or Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent work experience).
- Information Technology Architect Certification (ITAC) (Open Group).
- Togaf Certification, ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) or equivalen
- Solid practical software engineering, programming and design experience
- Experience with the solution engineering of Banking applications in an integrated Banking environment
- Strong technical acumen on how the technical landscape fits together: Broad understanding of end to end landscape, specialisation in one domain. Hands on experience with following technology stack: CICS, Cobol, JCL, MQ, JSON, REST, DB2
- Experience in end to end system, security, integration and infrastructure design.
- Architectural thinking.
- Strong financial background either fintech banking start-up or financial e-commerce.
- Technical leadership: mentoring, coaching and developing a talent pipeline.
- A proven track record in decision making.
- Troubleshooting in software solution development.
- DevOps experience and exposure to agile methodologies.
- Experience in technical design modelling and methods.
- Require a broad understanding of end to end landscape and specialisation in one or more domains.
- Exposure to Support and Maintenance