We believe that our employees fuel our organization, essential to enable us to help our customers overcome their business challenges and achieve sustainable growth. As a result, we are committed to growing each individual and providing them with the challenges, feedback and support needed to achieve success in their career
If this sounds appealing, and like us, you get excited about data: its collection, storage, transformation or display, see if you’ve got what it takes to join our sought after DATA team.
Key Responsibilities And/or Outputs
You will represent IQbusiness at our customers, sometimes alone, and sometimes as part of an IQ team.
- Providing a superior customer experience by building and maintaining relationships, working at customer offices, keeping data confidential
- Design and develop – databases, SQL queries, stored procedures, reports, dashboards or integration solutions
- Produce solutions for both real-time and batch environments
- Test your work to ensure compliance
- Solve problems, and do root cause analysis
- Prioritize your workload
- Assist in other areas relating to your true data function, such as data modeling, data and business analysts
- Interact with a variety of individuals: senior, junior, technical and from business
- Provide guidance to fellow colleagues, or even manage a team
- Uphold the IQ values, which are to care, learn & share; innovate; deliver as well as to build, enhance and maintain relationships
- Matric pass
- A tertiary qualification, preferably in an ICT relevant field
- Appropriate Microsoft certifications are beneficial but not required
- 7 - 12 years experience in the Data Engineering environments and technologies
- Leadership ability in order to add mentoring and coaching into teams and project environments
- Experience with cloud technologies like Azure and AWS
- A passion for SQL, databases or reports
- Can you write stored procedures, design complex queries and create views and triggers?
- Are you able to work out the relationships in a data warehouse or the aggregation of a cube?
- Do you extract and display useful information when you see patterns and trends in data?
- Strong knowledge of the financial services industry, ideally in a consulting role
- The use of data related software: databases, ETL and BI tools; report writing and analytical tools
- We use a lot of Microsoft products. You may often be expected to use MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and Power BI to develop solutions
- Ability to work in different project methodologies: Waterfall and/or Agile
- Knowledge of full SDLC
- Exposure to logical and physical data modeling
Equal Employment Opportunity
IQbusiness is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity