IQbusiness is the leading independent management consulting firm in South Africa. We attract talented people from diverse backgrounds and commit ourselves to help each person achieve his or her full potential. We are committed to growing each individual and providing each with the challenges, feedback, and support needed to achieve success.
The purpose of the position
Design and Development software applications using mobile technologies (Android, iOS). The creation of new and expansion of existing back-end applications and services to expose them via mobile channels. The candidate will be a key team member responsible for the development of various software systems, applications, components, and interfaces.
The successful candidate will interact with various technology teams and have the ability to understand and integrate different technology platforms to deliver working solutions using an iterative or agile approach.
Experience and Skills
- Matric + relevant tertiary qualification.
- 5 + years' experience, ideally in a consulting environment working on a mobile app
- 3 + years Android native development experience
- Experience with native or hybrid applications
- Microsoft technical certifications are beneficial
- Design and development of mobile applications for Android, iPhone
- Development experience with Java or C#
- Expertise in component and class design using major mobile software patterns and frameworks
- Strong skills in object-oriented design and programming in n-tier systems
- Have a holistic approach to process innovation
- Ability to function in multiple roles concurrently
- Ability and desire to transfer knowledge
- Willing to adapt and acquire new skills
- An ability to function effectively without hands-on management
- Work effectively in a group or individually
- Proactive and results-driven
- Passionate about technology and innovation
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Very strong problem-solving skills
- Effective decision-making skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
IQbusiness is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity