IQbusiness is looking to strengthen its Governance Risk and Compliance capability with a highly accomplished Senior Risk and Regulatory Consultant to further develop the Risk, Analytics and Sustainability Practice within IQbusiness.
The applicant must possess the ability to identify business opportunities within the GRC industry and client environments. Business Development and consulting experience is a must!
Through their experience and skillset, they should be able to identify gaps for potential product and service offerings and drive change for our clients across Financial, Telecoms, Retail and Insurance industries within the GRC line of business.
Applicants must be highly skilled across risk sub types and have a strong knowledge of governance, and regulatory landscapes both locally and internationally.
In addition, applicants must possess the qualities of a natural leader and team player who can quickly build rapport with their team and clients.
The applicant must be self-motivated and easily adaptable. The applicant must also embrace and align to the IQbusiness behaviors and values.
As consulting is unique by nature, past experience is vital.
Key Responsibilities And/or Outputs
- Opportunity identification, client engagement and the provision of risk and regulatory and consulting expertise
- Experience to lead projects and programmes to help clients adopt new regulations and better manage financial and non-financial risks
- Knowledge to shape and advise on solutions to embed governance structures, models, people, process, technology and assurance changes in response to regulatory changes and to better manage risks
- Be able to run engagement logistics and take responsibility for the commercial outcome of engagements
- Play a significant role in developing propositions and manage and mentor project teams to deliver on programmes of work
- Possess a strong background of successful end-to-end programme delivery and business improvement in blue-chip FS, retail, or telecom clients
- Leadership capabilities - build and sustain collaborative working relationships with relevant peers and stakeholders in order to achieve productivity synergies
- Advise on and provide support to stakeholders in relation to the execution of the practice relevant legislation, frameworks, processes and tools
- Provide an advisory service and consult with business in order to recommend controls and processes to ensure legislative compliance
- Ability to drive a sales target and generate revenue.
- Risk Management Degree / Accounting Degree or similar
- Professional Risk Management / Financial Risk Management accreditation would be an advantage
- Registered Compliance Officer in terms of FSCA Licensing Requirements;
- RE1, RE3, RE4 & RE5 advantageous, but not a necessity
- Member of IRMSA & CISA
- Project or Programs Management qualification (e.g. Prince2, PMP)
- 10-15 years working experience in a Governance, Risk and Regulatory role
- 10 years Governance, Regulatory / Compliance Knowledge (SA & International)
- Experience leading a Legal, Risk and / or Compliance Practice or Department
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic thinker
- Strong time management, organisational and planning skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Strong creative solution and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High EQ
- Ethical and transparent
- Leadership skills - strategic thinker, people management
- Flexible and open to change
- Deadline driven
- Solution orientated
- Ability to conduct presentations and training sessions
- Ability to adapt to different client environments, quickly learn new methodologies and practices
- Must be able to document methodologies and communicate and explain concepts clearly to stakeholders
- Commitment to quality
- Commitment to customer satisfaction
- Commitment to integrity, authenticity and organisational values