The IQbusiness Agility team needs an Agile Consultant with a specialisation in Product Ownership. The consultant will direct the Agility offering for Product Owners and Product Management. It includes training, coaching and consulting to Agile teams, Product Owners, Product Managers and their organisation on matters related to product development.
Product ownership is framework agnostic and is a critical component of all Agile approaches. It means that you will work with Scrum, Kanban and other frameworks at the team level and scaling patterns such as SAFe, Nexus and others.
You need to be passionate about making great products with teams of people that do not know their superpowers yet.
A relevant certification, in at least one of the following;
- Certified Business Analysis Professional – International Institute for Business Analysis
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (Scrum Alliance) or;
- Professional Scrum Product Owner (Scrum.org) or;
- Certified Scrum Master (Scrum Alliance) or;
- Professional Scrum Master Certification (Scrum.org)
- Experience playing a Scrum Product Owners role for at least six months or three customer-facing releases with a diligent Scrum Team, applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- At least 3 years of consulting experience.
- Exposure to working within the governance structures of a large corporate will be an advantage.
- Experience with the implementation and adoption of Agile at scale in an organisation will be an advantage.
- Exposure to User Experience Design (UX) or Customer Experience Management (CEM) will be an advantage.
- Exposure to Design Thinking will be an advantage.
- Exposure to the Lean Startup approach will be an advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To play the role as an Agile Coach to assist our clients in adopting agile values, principles and practices. As most of our clients are new to Agile, the role will also require leading and supporting teams to deliver projects in an agile manner. The role of this Agile Coach within IQbusiness has the following job objectives:
- Guide and support Agile Teams on all matters related to their product, setting the example of what a great product owner looks like,
- Guide and support Agile Product Owners in adopting the right behaviours and practices to become a great Product Owner by:
- Setting the example in terms of behaviour and interaction with the team, stakeholders, and the customer,
- Consult on “fit for purpose” techniques and approaches to:
- Understand the customer’s needs,
- Defining the Product Vision,
- Creating an initial Product Backlog,
- Define a Product Road Map,
- Create and track a Release Plan,
- Collect and interpret customer feedback no product releases, and
- Manage stakeholder expectations at all levels of the organisation.
- Grow and evolve the IQbusiness Agility Product Ownership offering by:
- Developing Product Ownership Training,
- Facilitate Product Ownership Training,
- Keep the training relevant and look for opportunities to grow the offering.
- If required assist the Agility team with Agile coaching of individuals, teams and leaders outside of Product Ownership
- Passionate about creating great product and services,
- Never stop learning,
- Too curious about the world to “stay in your lane”,
- You have “strong opinions” you can back up with experience. They are “lightly held” you can adapt your experience and opinion to context and collaborate with a team,
- You say “I do not know, yet”, when you do not know,
- You live IQbusiness values, starting with Care (Giving a …).
How the team will support you:
- When you “say I do not know, yet” and we know we will guide you. When we do not know either, one of us will be next to you to bounce ideas so that we can find out together.
- We have +80 years of combined experience in the Agility Team being Agile consultants and trainers and will support you if that part is new to you.
Equal Employment Opportunity
IQbusiness is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity